Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 42 - BYE BYE WUHAN

We were all hyped up about the return to Singapore! My friends and I played computer games with each other for the last time. The others were watching movies and chatting. After packing our luggage and cleaning up the area, we were all lock and loaded to go! We carried all our luggage down the stairs from level 3. The weight of baggage is definitely much heavier than that of day 1 when we arrived in Wuhan. Our luggage are now all filled with days of shopping and gifts for our loved ones.

As for the girls, they are not strong enough to manage their luggage to the first floor, and so I lent them my muscles! Before we boarded the bus to the airport, we sent our regards and farewell to the caretaker of the hostel.


Farewell Picture


Loading Up To The Airport


Transit At Guangzhou to Singapore
We arrived at Guangzhou International Airport after a grueling 3-hour flight.



Gate to Singapore


The Travelator
The tired few stood on the horizontal escalator which brought us to the other side of the boarding gate.



Food on Flight CZ371
As the plane took off from Guangzhou airport, we were saddened as we had spent 6 weeks of our time together here in Wuhan. We felt kind of rooted to China, as we have adapted to the lifestyle and attached to our group of OIP mates. Looking back at the wonderful memories we had in Wuhan, we were all happy and joyous that we acted as one and were very united.



Baggage Collection
Consider it lucky, my checked-in bag-pack was left in Guangzhou airport. The baggage ticket only states that my bag-pack would be transported to Guangzhou, but won't be transit to Singapore. Therefore, I went to the Lost & Found counter to make a report.



Expedite Service
2 Days later, my baggage arrived with excellent service. The airport service delivery man called me an hour before he came. Before hand, I had to declare that there were no alcohols, cigarettes, or illegal contraband. I also had to give a proper description of what the bag look like and what are the contents of the bag for them to confirm that the bag is my property. It is important to be honest, as abusers may take advantage of the system to deliver illegal or prohibited items such as drugs or weapons to an address as a method of smuggling.



REFLECTIONS
Singapore's service is really of top notch standards. To be honest, I did not feel scared at all because I have faith in the service of Guangzhou International Airport and Singapore Airport. There are definitely many cases of lost baggage due to the countless amount of flights which occur every day. Therefore, it is important to come up with a plan to handle unseen circumstances. My baggage arrived by expedite service at my door step, properly sealed to prevent pilferage. On our flight CZ371 itself, there were me and two other passengers who lost their baggage. From this, I learnt to always check my documents, and ensure that everything is proper and ready, such as the baggage ticket from Wuhan to Guangzhou and then to Singapore.

I have definitely benefited a whole lot from this Overseas Immersion Programme. This trip has broadened my perspective of the world I am living in, and enhance my experience and knowledge and allow me to discover more of the history and culture of China. In addition, I made a lot of good supportive friends. The beautiful memories which we had shared, cherish, and enjoyed together will never be forgotten.

I will definitely remember all the lecturers who made this trip possible and fun, as they have put a lot of great effort in planning this OIP trip. I would like to acknowledge them as if not for them, there will be no 3rd generation OIP. The whole group of us on the trip would not have met and learned about each other, and support each other in times of need.

This journey is a memoriable and interesting one, which brought so much joy to me. It is more than just the immersion programme and the Wuhan culture or completing the 2 modules. This OIP has challanged my perspective, and widened my thinking and gave me oppurtunities to be independent.

I miss all my friends there, and this is the most fun-filled experience. I learnt to be independent and tolerant, and to have an open mind and have the passion to learn new things.



All men have a sweetness in their life. That is what helps them go on. It is towards that they turn when they feel too worn out.
-Albert Camus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home