Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 33 - Hair cuts

My friends and I headed for Grand Ocean again! This time, the purpose is to get a makeover. While they were washing, dying, and styling their hair, I was helping them look after their belongings. After a haircut, we shopped for a while before having dinner!


Before Cutting
This is how they look before re-designing their hair styles!



After Cutting
WALAH! Everyone is having fun during the process of their makeover! Styling their hair here in China is relatively cheaper as compared to Singapore. Cutting, straightening, dying, and washing of hair only costs $300yuan (S$60). In Singapore, a cut like that would cost at least S$150. The most important thing is that they all love their hairstyles!



Bell Boy
That's me carrying their belongings while they're having a haircut!



Satisfying Drink
I ordered Black Chocolate Tea, which greatly satisfied my taste buds!



Dinner for 8
The eight of us had a fine meal, and had a lot to eat! I shared a buddy meal with my friend.



REFLECTIONS
It is not considerably safe to leave your belongings lying unattended in China. It will most probably be stolen before you notice it. Therefore, it is important to have a friend look after it for you, or locking it up in a safe. As I am brought up in Singapore, we are confident that our belongings can be left safely on the chair beside us. A majority of Singaporeans will not dare to steal due to the heavy consequences, such as canning and imprisonment. Although the laws are strict and unreasonable as compared to other countries, ultimately it is still for the better of Singapore. Therefore, I really appreciate the foundation the Singapore Government has put up for the country.


All that is human must retrograde if it does not advance
-Edward Gibbon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home