Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 40 - IS Video & Farewell Dinner

My group and I woke up at 7am in the morning to do a few video shoots for our IS Video. After that, we went to have lunch at Grand Ocean. Nightfall, we came back at 6pm for a farewell dinner with the China students to mark the end of our trip!


IS Video
We prepared the video shoot for our IS video. Although it rained slightly, we persevered and pushed on to complete several shots.



Salmon Sashimi
A tasty treat of Japanese cuisine. Raw salmon fish with wasabi which kills bacteria.



Spicy Pork Rice
Only this dish would be seen in China. Rice topped with spicy pork slices. Each slices contains 40% meat and 60% fats. Unhealthy it is, but who cares. It is the final days in China!



Customer Service
I ordered a mango juice, which came several minutes later. When it arrived at the table, the waitress did not know what drink it was, and asked her manager in charge. The manager then picked up the drink and put it barely a centimeter away from her nose to smell what drink it is. What a disgusting sight it was, which totally put off my appetite!


Farewell Dinner
We rushed back at 6pm for the farewell dinner with the China students.



Opening Speech
Our beloved Mr An, who gave an opening speech for the farewell dinner!


REFLECTIONS
Today is already day 40 of our Immersion Program. Being away from my family and loved ones is finally coming to an end! A couple of days left and I find myself resistant to return to Singapore. I have made a whole lot of close friends who are very attached together and well-adapted to the life here. Looking back from where we started, I had fond memories with my friends and students from other courses. This is the best and most wonderful group of closed ones who made this OIP a memorable one!

I had definitely benefited a lot from this OIP. This program has broadened my view of the world, and the things happenign around me. It also enhanced my experiences and general knowledge of the history and culture of China.



True friendship consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and value.
-Ben Jonson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home